How to use the hub
Explore reports, academic insights & up-to-the-minute regional data.
A vast wealth of information is accessible through the Midlands Engine Intelligence Hub.
Depending on your area of focus and time available, you can browse the key stats, get the headlines with academic insight one-pagers, access full published reports, link to relevant content from our partners, or explore customisable dashboards to help you tailor the data to your exact requirements.
Where to start
Looking for an overview? Get the key stats for each Area of Focus page
See the latest State of the Region report for the main takeaways and top-level stats in each of the priority areas
Check the headline stats on each dashboard
Each Area of Focus page has links to relevant dashboards. This is live data from the Midlands Engine Observatory so it’s always the latest data available, often in the context of national averages and benchmarks.
A downloadable guide to all Observatory data held in our dashboards, with clickable links giving you shortcuts from your desktop.
Searching for more detailed information?
- Read the one-page Insight pieces on each Area of Focus page – these are written by the region’s leading academics, provided by our Research Partnership, detailing how the data available across the Hub affects policy, business, and decisions made by partners across the Midlands Engine
- Delve deeper into the data dashboards using the drop-down menus and experiment with different filters
- Interactive mapping – specifically designed to show multiple data layers spatially enabling both visualisation and query functionality of the datasets and in context of other thematic layers. (click on the ‘About’ icon in each map for information relevant to the mapping layers and how to use functions available).
- Download deep-dive research reports – listed under Latest Publications on each Area of Focus page.
- Access the full Intelligence Hub User Guide for detailed instructions